Well established research continues to highlight the importance of effective leadership. The demands being made of all leaders is growing as you respond to national policy. Leading beyond your own setting is important, with the need to influence, engage and work collaboratively with others to maximise resources, reduce overlap and share knowledge to ensure the right services.
This programme is not like other programmes. It is tailored to individual needs whilst capitalising on the value of learning in a small group. It helps your leaders get under the skin of what leadership is about in this challenging environment where there never seems to be time to think. The programme is experiential and dynamic. Delegates will need to be energetic, curious, imaginative and reflective to get the most from it.
It is suitable for first line managers, practice leaders, project and innovation leaders and middle managers.
The programme is made up of CORE elements and ADDITIONAL modules. In total this is a 5 day programme. The common CORE elements are for all delegates, and we can tailor the ADDITIONAL modules to reflect the learning and development needs of individuals.
We can also provide additional sessions constructed around tailored Action Learning Sets for Leaders managing change. This offers the opportunity for delegates to bring live material into a set that uses a co-consulting model at its heart, and a closer examination of leadership theories in relation to the live material.
Understanding the context
- Organisational culture
- Characteristics of top performing areas around leadership
- Policy environment –partnerships, resources, accountability., political, innovation, integration.
What is leadership?
- Differentiating leadership from management
- Individual, team and organisational leadership theories
- Managing Stress
- Relationship management
- Emotional intelligence
- Establishing authority
- Influential thinking around leadership (Steven Covey etc.)
- Adaptive leadership
Tools for leadership
- Self-awareness and insight
- Personality preference
- Learning style
- Courageous conversations
- Influencing strategies
- Presentation skills
- Coaching conversations
- Social Media
- Facilitated groupwork grounded in work-based exemplars, using live material
- Leading a multi-agency workforce
- Managing custom and practice
- Priority setting
- Leading through difficult times
- Multi agency workforce
- Custom and practice
- Resistance to change
- Managing upwards
Leading for change
- Engaging others/collaborative advantage and co-production
- Business cases
- Dealing with resistance
- Your vision for the future
- Using data for improvement and quality and measuring change
- Leading improvement
- Developing business cases
- Involving service users
Staff support and supervision
- Case management and people management
- Coaching conversations
- Performance management
The programme is suitable for those in a wide range of public services supporting children individuals and families in a multi-agency context. This includes those across:
- Children social care
- Adult social care
- Health Sector – Band 5/6
- Early help services
- Voluntary and community sector
- Education (schools and colleges)
- Housing providers