Kate has worked in children’s services since 1980 and now specialises in leadership development and the development of systems leadership in services for children and families. Kate has extensive experience of leading and managing a range of organisations and agencies across the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Kate has worked on the following commissions over the past 5 years:
- Supporting the development of a suite of support packages for Schools and Early Years providers working with vulnerable families, as an Associate with Interface Enterprises.
- Designing and delivering tailored and bespoke programmes and interventions delivered to schools, children centres, Early Years providers and local authorities including leadership development and succession planning programmes in the East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, South West and the Eastern regions.
- Leading the development of ‘systems leadership’ across the Early Years sector for the National College for Teaching and Leadership and the Children's Improvement Board in the East Midlands.
- Supporting the development of a 0-18 school led system as a teaching and leadership advisor to the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
- Supporting systems leadership and sector led improvement including the development of a suite of assured safeguarding materials as a consultant with SDSA.
- Supporting the development of school leadership skills, in both the Midlands and the Middle East as a trainer and facilitator with Fusion Leadership.
Kate has worked on a broad portfolio of commissions over the last five years spanning the full range of the Children's Services agenda (Education Health, Early Help, Safeguarding) at both strategic and operational levels. Commissions include the development of leadership skills to support systems leadership and sector led improvement in local authorities, schools and early years settings.
Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring (ILM Level 7), Distinction.