We delivered a 1-day programme on Effective Engagement and Relationships to a group of family assessment centre workers, comprising of social workers, outreach workers and family practitioners.
- Values and principles that underpin work with children and families – how they fit with the residential work that they do.
- Considered personal relationships with families and why they impact of family function, which allowed workers to think about how they engage families and challenge their existing practice.
- Key qualities and attributes workers have and how this matches family’s needs.
- Sharing good practice and identifying areas for development.
- Reviewing reflective practice.
Participants enjoyed the opportunity to review their skills set and how to further develop a more empowering approach to their work with families.
“The trainer was an engaging, interesting trainer and I enjoyed the session ”Centre Manager.