Culture Secretary, Nicky Morgan, has announced a new round of funding to support youth projects across the UK.
The Youth Accelerator Fund which has been set up to address ‘urgent needs’ in the sector is to make awards to the following schemes:
- Arts Council England’s youth music programme will receive £500,000 to support its work with vulnerable young people.
- The British Film Institute will receive £155,000 to roll out its BFI Saturday Clubs across the country.
- UK Youth will receive £1.5m to deliver extra sessions in youth clubs across the country
- Sport England is to receive £1.32m to offer grassroots extra-curricular activities in deprived areas.
- A further £2m will go towards setting up new local partnerships designed to effectively co-ordinate and sustain activities for young people.
Morgan commented ““I’m thrilled this funding will allow even more young people across the country to participate in fantastic activities, whether at their local youth centre or through sport, arts, film and heritage organisations”.