Sefton needed to increase the proportion of children in Sefton who are “school ready” enabling parents to give them the best possible start in life.
They wanted to see a rising performance trajectory as measured by the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile including a narrowing of the attainment gap between all children and the bottom 20%.
We provided support and challenge to increase capacity, pace and creativity throughout the change process. This included:
- Presenting an options appraisal of examples of national good practice and recommendations.
- Supporting robust evaluation of the current School Ready provision that includes a baseline analysis of quality and impact.
- Ensuring that there was a shared understanding of Sefton’s Early Help, Early Intervention and Prevention and Early Years offers.
- Consultation with key partners and stakeholders who informed the design of School Ready.
- Successful implementation of School Ready by March 2014.
- Provided coaching, challenge and support to the leadership team that facilitated a successful change process and ownership of the new model.
Providing monitoring and evaluation tools to demonstrate the impact of the School Ready offer.