We supported Shelter with their approach to evaluating their new intensive family support service.
They needed an organisation steeped in strategic and practical understanding of effective practice when working with families with complex needs as well as a history of evaluating services and creating evaluation frameworks for their services. We supported them to:
- Create the approach to evaluation that was tested against best practice across the sector.
- Operationalise this within their case management, processes/ procedures and performance management framework (from needs assessment through to case closure and follow up) to ensure that:
- requirements of frontline staff were realistic/ achievable
- the approach was integrated within case management, needs assessment, support planning, measurement of progress, case closure and follow up
- the approach provided sufficiently robust data to support evaluation approach
- procedures and procedures were in place to allow the evaluation approach to be used from day one of receiving referrals
We provided ongoing support between January 2014 and November 2014.