Family Group Conferences
This is a CPD accredited course.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion with a CPD accredited logo confirming the contribution towards their continued professional development.
This course will ensure that participants obtain the necessary skills to co-ordinate family group conferences. It will increase understanding and confidence.
- Understand the value and principles which underpin Family Group Conferences
- Develop a working knowledge of FGCs, including understanding the skills in preparing for the FGC, managing the meeting and the process that follows;
- Gain insight into the legal and policy framework within which FGC’s operate;
- Understand the issues involved in supporting children’s participation in the FGC process.
- Explore the needs of individual participants including crucially children in the process
- Consider the complexities of family led decision-making and learn skills in managing these complexities and conflicts in families;
- Experience the practical application of the above through skills practice
- Apply relational and restorative processes in family group conferencing
- Explore how to manage resistance and deal with the unexpected
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We were commissioned by a consortium of Social Work Teaching Partnerships to support the development of a national strategy for Social Work Practice Education.
We were commissioned to provide a 3-day leadership programme for school leaders across Bracknell Forest and Reading who were new to senior leadership/heads and aspiring head teachers.
We are currently providing a large training programme and associated support to the Developing Together Social Work Teaching Partnership
West London Zone is inspired by the Harlem Children’s Zone (HCZ), a ‘cradle-to-college’ pipeline of support for children. The HCZ approach is to do ‘whatever it takes’ to help young people escape generational disadvantage – with the ambition to achieve a ‘tipping point’ whereby the whole community has a positive experience of learning, work and family life.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.