We provided awareness training over 4 sessions to staff working in Children Social Care with the following learning outcomes:
- Understand what Trauma Informed Practice is.
- Understand the values and principles that underlie Trauma Informed Practice.
- Understand the four principles of TIP – Recognise, Respond, avoid Re traumatisation, build Resilience.
- Consider what constitute Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Explore the impact of ACE’s and how these contribute to the need for Trauma Informed Practice.
- Understand why Trauma Informed Practice is important for services, children and families.
- Understand what Trauma Informed Practice looks like.
- Appreciate the relevance of SAMHSA’s six key principles of a trauma informed approach.
- Recognise the positive impact of demonstrating unconditional positive regard.
- Understand secondary and vicarious trauma and how to respond to it and prevent it.
- Develop practice skills and techniques to come alongside the client in a trauma informed way.
We were delighted with the excellent evaluation and feedback from attendee:
Absolutely brilliant and so timely
Thank you so much this was fantastic for my practice and also my emotional health too!
Perfectly paced excellent timing and hugely credible trainer