Family Hubs – Our Services
The agenda for Family Hubs has really picked up momentum with many areas of government citing Family Hubs as a means to achieve policy objectives including Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) around parental conflict, the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities [DLUHC] around delivering the Supporting Families vision of an effective early help system and the Department of Health and Social Care, through the Leadsom Review and the best start for life.
We are Leaders in Transformation & Improvement
We have long been leaders in the field driving transformation and improvement across services for children and families including:
- being heavily involved in the creation of Sure Start centres across the country (1999)
- supporting the roll out of every child matters (2000+)
- working with the respect agenda (2008)
- leading the ‘Think Family’ reforms to encourage whole family working (2009)
- providing advice and challenge to all 152 top tier local authorities and their partners (2010+)
- being responsible for wider national reforms around families with complex needs including writing guidance on protocols between Drug and Alcohol treatment services, Safeguarding Boards and Children and Family services, Offender Management services, Mental Health services and Young Carers.
- supporting areas with the troubled families programme and now supporting areas to co-design and deliver Family Hubs
Our range of services aim to support your work with Family Hubs:
Interface provided extensive support over 2 years supporting the creation of Family hubs and skilling up the workforce in their Early Help model
We provided support for the creation of Family hubs including working with a range of leaders across local areas around their local the vision and the creation and ongoing support of integrated leadership teams.
We supported Central Bedfordshire Council with an initial exploration around the feasibility of developing family hubs in their area
Interface was commissioned in July 2021 to provide support from the very beginning of Gloucestershire County Council’s journey to develop Family Hubs
We have been supporting LB Barking and Dagenham for almost a year around their Early Help and Family Hub agenda.
As part of our wider family hub development work with Gloucestershire County Council, we worked with the youth services commissioning team to develop and draft a new youth services contract specification.
We consulted and designed a sequential 18-day training program for Family Support Workers in the Government of Jersey.
We pride ourselves on our deep understanding of the workforce needs as well as what you are trying to achieve through your Family Hubs work. We are leaders in the field, creating our Level 4, Level 5 and Family Hub training programmes based on best practice and what we know works.
Our team are extremely experienced and credible, and as a result we are recognised nationally as a provider of high-quality training. Our materials are of excellent quality, always up to date and based on best practice.
Our mission is to make a real difference and all of our courses are therefore tailored to meet your specific needs.
Much of our accredited, skills based and qualification training is suitable for those working in and across Family Hubs so please see more about our training offer here and have a look specifically at our Family Hub Training
We have long been leaders in transforming services towards whole family working and integrated services and have supported many areas across the UK with their design and delivery of Family Hubs. We are chosen because of our history, credibility and deep understanding of the issues as well as our passion to ensure the best outcomes for children and families.
Our work in this area includes:
- providing strategic support and challenge
- advising on governance issues and partnership approaches
- supporting peer support and co production with partners, the voluntary and community sector and communities
- support with commissioning, business planning and report writing
- facilitating workshops, visioning events and meetings
- sharing best practice across the UK
We work collaboratively and flexibility - genuinely putting families at the heart of all we do.