Bedford Borough Council: Family Hubs Needs Assessment
Interface was commissioned by Bedford Borough Council in April 2023 to undertake their Family Hubs Needs Assessment.
The Family Hubs Needs Assessment brought together a range of evidence sources to build a shared understanding of families’ issues, needs and experiences from 0-19 and up to 25 years old where children had SEND. Our evaluation team led this successful project, which comprised:
- Updating and analysing Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) data
- Gathering and analysing multi-agency service data; service models, capacity and demand
- Insight from two multi-agency workforce events
- 23 interviews with leaders, managers, commissioners and providers
- Discussions with 66 parent/carers in groups and individually across 8 venues (and one Dads focus group held online)
- Online survey with parents/carers (617 Responses)
The needs assessment required complex analysis and triangulation of quantitative and qualitative data sources. Through this, we identified how Bedford partners can strengthen accessibility, partnership working and relationships with families.
We received outstanding client feedback:
“This has been an extremely valuable piece of work, with Interface exceeding our expectations of what could be achieved”
“The workshop workshop was full of energy and ideas and it has been a pleasure working with you and the Interface team”
Interface has subsequently been recommissioned to support Bedford with its next steps through some additional multi-agency workshops.