Government of Jersey Family Support Program
The Interface team consulted and designed a sequential 18-day training program for Family Support Workers in the Government of Jersey. The program covered a wide range of topics, based on the needs of the service to support staff to work with the diverse needs of children and families. The sessions were delivered virtually and were interactive, including a range of case studies and activities relevant to the team.
The end of the program provided space for reflection on all of the topics and ideas on how to take the new learning and skills forward into practice.
Training Topics Covered:
- Working with emerging needs
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Safeguarding children with additional needs
- Motivational Interviewing
- Introduction to substance misuse
- Introduction to Contextual Safeguarding
- Child and Teenage Brain Development
- Protective Factors
- Introduction to Mental Health and the impact on families
“The course has helped me develop me knowledge and skills in so many areas that impact children and families. The course has increased my confidence and I will be reflecting on how to apply new skills to my practice. I found the session on Contextual Safeguarding eye-opening as it challenged us to think beyond the family context and to consider risks outside the family home”.