Advanced Safeguarding -Level 3 - Ashmead Primary School
Using research and learning from serious case reviews we provided an in-depth programme for school staff working directly with cases who are subject to or at risk of being subject to a child protection plan.
We worked with staff to consider:
- Signs and Symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- Daniel Pelka Serious Case Review
- Safeguarding Continuum
- Legal frameworks
- Impact of parenting issues such as domestic abuse, substance use and mental ill health on parenting capacity.
- Importance of family history and functioning.
- Explore issues of family non engagement, superficial compliance within the context of the role.
Thank you! The trainer was extremely knowledgeable, the course was really useful to me and I learnt a great deal that will be of use.
Ashmead Primary School Teacher