Blackpool Trauma informed Practice and Motivational interviewing
We have been delighted to be providing a large-scale training programme to support staff across Childrens Services in using a trauma informed lens when and responding using a motivational interviewing approach. We truly believe this is a fantastic approach to working with children and families.
The programme included:
- Workshops for Heads of Service
- 17 cohorts for practitioners – approx. 300 staff
- 7 cohorts of Foster Carers – approx. 100
- Training and embedding workshops for managers
- Support for champions to bring about systemic change
- Joint work with parents with lived experience
Work continues with workshops for:
- managers to support embedding
- parents with lived experience
- foster carer forums
- champions to bring about systemic change
The course has been a mix of virtual delivery and face to face skills sessions staggered to support learning and embedding.
We have a team of 4 supporting this programme and feedback is excellent.
"We couldn’t be happier with the way you are working with us in such a supportive and partnership way and the training delivery itself."
Head of Service Blackpool Council
“Really enjoyed the training; delivered well; opportunity to pause and reflect throughout”
“This has really made me think about what has not been working well in the past and why”
“Informative good training. Good to have the skills days after a little bit time to assimilate the content”
“Really useful content; Engaging / interactive”
“Skilled and excellent trainer”