Evaluation of the Yorkshire Urban and Rural Social Work Teaching Partnership
We carried an evaluation of the Yorkshire Urban and Rural Social Work Teaching Partnership. The partnership consists of four local authorities and two universities:
- Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council
- City of York Council
- Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
- University of Huddersfield
- University of York.
It is funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and Department of Health and Social Care (DH) to deliver high quality and innovative social work education and training for social work students and practitioners which will equip them to practice to specified standards in statutory settings and our evaluation tested this.
- Evaluated the outcomes and impact arising from the partnership’s activity and identified what had worked well/hasn’t worked well as well as the key factors that have supported or prevented progress;
- Assessed the effectiveness of the partnership’s delivery model and partnership working arrangements;
- Determined how successful the project has been in delivering the changes required by the individual organisations within the partnership;
- Quantified the additionality and value for money arising from the partnership and grant funded roles;
- Made recommendations for project sustainability to inform the future operational and strategic direction of the partnership;
- Produced an evaluation report
The evaluation activity took place between April and June 2018. A mixed method approach was developed to generate a rich data set for analysis. This comprised qualitative consultations with over 40 stakeholders, document review, and several small-scale surveys. Specifically:
- Review of documentation and existing project evaluation reports (including attendance data for MRC training, CPD modules & 2 masterclasses; evaluation reports
- Workshop with 10 members of the partnership’s Operational Board
- Interviews with key stakeholders
- social workers engaged in CPD
- Service Users in a focus group
- Practice Educator Consultants
- Social Work Profession & Learning Development Officers
- Practice Educators
- students currently studying a degree in social work
- Strategy Board members
- Survey of post student placement feedback
A qualitative analysis was undertaken, with all contributions analysed against the evaluation framework and a report provided.
your understanding of the subject matter and context has been greatly appreciated. The report is an excellent overview of our achievements and ongoing challenges and I’m sure it will provide us with an useful tool to take forward discussions around sustainability and future working.
All work was carried out on time and in budget.
Your understanding of the subject matter and context has been greatly appreciated. The report is an excellent overview of our achievements and ongoing challenges it will provide us with an useful tool to take forward discussions around sustainability and future working. Project Manager