Great Yarmouth Borough Council Early Help at a Neighbourhood Evaluation
Great Yarmouth Borough Council (GYBC) and partners were successful in acquiring funding from DCLG as part of the Delivering Differently in Communities programme.
Building on their neighbourhood work they were keen to develop plans for Early Help at a neighbourhood level by establishing “Practice Collaboration Hubs” as focal points within communities.
They received funding from DCLG through the ‘Delivering Differently in Neighbourhood’ fund with the aim of improving the communities’ ability to increase their own wellbeing and resilience, to anticipate problems and to limit impact, and reduce the need for more costly interventions further down the line.
They are also looking to see a cultural change in the multi-agency approach, delivered at a street level towards making this a reality.
Between October 2014 and March 2015 we provided an evaluation of its Early Help at a Neighbourhood level project to provide then with an understanding of:
- the strengths of the project
- the benefits for families and the community
- the benefits for partner agencies
- cultural shift in individuals’ families and agencies
- whether early indications suggest that the project is achieving its aims
- any other important key learnings through adopting this model