Hounslow Early Help Practitioner programme.
LB of Hounslow were undergoing a restructure of their wider early help service and offer. The 4 day skills based training was offered to staff working in their targeted youth service, children’s centre’s and family support service. The training supported the new thinking and allowed staff to consider the changes in Hounslow, what was working well and recommendations for feedback to service managers.
The course was bespoked to include local processes and procedures and was offered to new and existing staff to upskill whole family working.
The 4 day course was delivered to 2 cohorts of 18 staff and included sessions on:
- Working whole family
- Reflective practice
- Assessment skills
- Complex communication strategies
- Family plans
- Building resilience
- Understanding child development including baby, child and teen brain development
- Family attachment
- Direct work with children
- Building independence and self-reliance
Learner Feedback included:
- An amazing course that will change my practice, Thank you!
- A real opportunity to reflect on my practice and learn so much about myself as a practitioner and the families I’m supporting
- What a great opportunity, essential training that should be offered to everyone working with families
- Fantastic course, fantastic trainer!