MOPAC Transitions to Adulthood Hub
We are delighted to have been chosen to support this innovative project.
The Transitions to Adulthood Hub is a community-based holistic service for 18-25 year olds on probation in Newham and 17 year olds transitioning from the Youth Offending Service to adult probation. The Hub aims to provide wrap-around support tailored to young adults’ distinct needs and informed by maturity assessments in order to reduce reoffending, improve mental health and support young adults to make positive life choices. Trauma-informed practice will be embedded across the Hub.
We have been commissioned to co design, develop and deliver the delivery of staff training for all the staff working in the Hub and to facilitate a programme of ongoing workforce development, including reflective practice sessions.
Themes will cover:
- Maturity and young adulthood developmental stage
- Transitional safeguarding
- Legal issues
- Engaging with young adults
- Cultural competency
- Understanding trauma, including racial trauma
- Systemic issues
- Staff wellbeing
- Multi-agency working
- Whole family working
- Mental health and neurodivergence
- Care leavers and looked-after children
- Young women in contact with the criminal justice system