Skills Training Waltham Forest
Following a review of their service delivery by Interface a long term training programme was implemented.
The training was held once a month and delivered to a range of multi agency staff.
The training included sessions on:
- Effective engagement
- Working whole family
- Tools to engage
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focussed brief Therapy
- Risk and resilience
- Working with families effected by Drug and Alcohol us
- Working with families effected by poor mental health
- Supervision sills for managers
- Skills and practice in TAF’s
- Level 4 - Working with parents with complex needs x 3
Due the amount of staff trained and length of time with the authority we were able to tailor the training to the exact needs of Waltham Forest and support staff to make the transition to whole family working a more streamline process. Interface understood the differing roles and were empathetic to their needs.
The training was extremely effective in introducing whole family working practices across the Borough.