Child and Adolescent to Parent Violence & Abuse (CAPVA)
This 1 day training course will support professionals to develop their knowledge and understanding of CAPVA and to identify strategies and skills to support families.
- Introduction to CAPVA and the prevalence in the UK
- Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Parents experiences- stigma and shame
- Support for families impacted by CAPVA
- Staff resilience and self-care
- Understand the dynamics and context of the form of hidden harm CAPVA
- Understand risk factors including Adverse Childhood Experiences and extra-familial harm
- Describe the theory, research and statistics relating to CAPVA
- Develop an awareness of parents experiences including stigma and shame.
- Gain knowledge of the skills to empower parent/carers.
The training session is suitable for all professionals working with children and their families:
- Voluntary and Community Groups
- Domestic Abuse agencies
- Youth Offending Service
- Education provisions including Alternative Provisions, Pupil Referral units
- Social Care
- Early Help
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We were commissioned to work with leaders across Stockton including those from public health, nursing and midwifery, early help services, health visiting and intelligence teams.
LB of Tower Hamlets wanted to embed an accredited program into their whole family working framework. This training was to coincide with changes in the authority and a will of LBTH to invest in their staff.
We provided a virtual training program to a range of staff on skills to engage families.
We were commissioned to provide support for school leaders across Bracknell Forest around holding motivational conversations. This is a powerful technique in bringing about behaviour change and improvement.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.