Enhanced Professional Curiosity
The course is for those looking to increase their awareness and understanding of the importance of professional curiosity when working with children, individuals and families. We will explore the need to remain curious, the challenges of this and the possible impact this can have on multi agency working and decision making.
This one-day programme will support participants to develop the skills and confidence to enhance their professional curiosity and explain the benefits of doing so.
The course will cover:
- Understand what is meant by the term professional curiosity in relation to keeping children and young people safe.
- Evaluate how the learning from Safeguarding Practice Reviews relating to Professional Curiosity and Challenge can be applied to practice.
- Develop and practice the skills required for good communication which lead to effectively providing and receiving challenge and managing professional disagreements.
- Develop an understanding of unconscious bias, relative to our own and others' life experiences and how this may impact on being professionally curious and open to challenge, whilst maintaining focus on the family.
- Explore different models that support professional curiosity ensuring the voice of the client is present within the process.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We were delighted to work with Shropshire on a virtual training course to improve skills, confidence and practice in working with young people.
We facilitated a session between Stockton Borough Council and Family Action who have been awarded a contract to deliver services across the area. Over a full day we worked with key senior leaders to consider vision, aims, risks and governance and create an action plan for the next few months.
We were really happy to be invited to run a Trauma Informed Practice Course for Swansea Social Services Workforce.
We were commissioned to provide support for school leaders across Bracknell Forest around holding motivational conversations. This is a powerful technique in bringing about behaviour change and improvement.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.