Resistance – working with individuals and families
Working with resistant individuals and families can be challenging and frustrating when offering packages of support. This course will focus on understanding, recognising and addressing resistance.
The day will allow practitioners to ‘test out’ tools and strategies to use in practice when working with individuals and families. These skills will support practice in building engagement and enhancing support offered to individuals and families.
It is practical and “hands on” with a focus on skills and strategy development, backed up by an understanding of why approaches work. The course will consider barriers and enablers and produces more confident and competent practitioners.
It is suitable for front line staff working on the Early Help/Troubled families agenda as well as school staff, children services, those in early years settings, the VCS, Housing and Health.
- Understand where resistance may stem from when working with individuals and families
- Explore how to recognise, evidence and address resistance when working with individuals and families
- Consider the impact of resistance on families, communities, professionals and organisations
- Understand motivational techniques to support engagement and work with resistance
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We were invited to create a one day virtual course on baby brain development and trauma for the Parent Champions volunteers at Coram Family and Childcare service
We were asked to provide a second cohort of the Level 5 Leadership and Management Certificate - Working with Children, Individuals and Families in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
We continue our long term relationship with Bracknell Forest Council by supporting both new workers in the family safeguarding teams and a wider range of partners.
The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) were looking for a training provider to develop and deliver a programme of staff training and ongoing workforce development for all staff working in the Transitions to Adulthood Hub,
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.