An informative and crucial day for those working directly with children and families. We aim to develop the best practice in the protection of children by ensuring you have sufficient knowledge and the most up to date practice to effectively work with and raise concerns of child welfare.
The day will include case materials and scenario examples and an interactive training approach to get the most out of this sensitive and complex area.
Have a clear understanding of:
- What to do in response to concerns
- What contributes child abuse and neglect
- The legal, policy and practice framework for safeguarding children
Using research and learning from serious case reviews to understand the:
- Importance of maintaining a child focus
- Impact of parenting issues such as domestic abuse, substance use and mental ill health on parenting capacity
- Importance of family history and functioning
- Issues of family non engagement, superficial compliance within the context of the role
This course will increase confidence in trusting and using professional judgement in the context of multi-agency working.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We delivered a series of full day SLCN awareness sessions and half-day screening sessions to youth justice practitioners across the county.
Interface provides a 2 day bespoke practical programme for managers responsible for providing supervision...
We provided a 2-day core programme for a range of staff in the early help and social care teams.
We developed a reflective supervision course for the London Borough of Waltham Forest w to further develop and enhance the skills of those already working in a supervisory role.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.