Domestic violence - understanding domestic violence and abuse
Working effectively with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs requires staff to have an understanding of domestic abuse.
This course provides an overview of domestic violence and abuse and the characteristics of the perpetrator and victim. The course will provide staff with the skills to identify, challenge respond when an abused person wants to leave their situation. It produces more confident and competent practitioners who are ready to deliver positive and effective support to individuals and families.
It is suitable for front line staff working on the Early Help/Troubled families agenda as well as school staff, children services, those in early years settings, the VCS, Housing and Health.
- Have an awareness of domestic violence and abuse.
- Have an awareness of the characteristics of the perpetrator.
- Have an awareness of the behaviours displayed in an abusive relationship.
- Have an awareness of the impact of domestic abuse and violence.
- Have an understanding of the impact on the child caught in an abusive relationship.
- Have an awareness of how to respond when an abused person wants to leave their situation: safety planning.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We are delighted to be working with the Early Help team in Central Bedfordshire to support them and increase their understanding around parental Capacity to Change.
We were commissioned to work with Brighter Futures to support them to embed their Architecture for Professional Practice.
Darlington required a number of voluntary and statutory partners within the borough to become more aware of the concept of whole family working in line with the Care Act 2014.
The purpose of our 18-month evaluation was to support the decision making processes around whether to continue/expand the Think Family Programme (comprising intensive support to complex families, troubled families and additional support strands).
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.