Mental health issues and their impact on families
This practical programme provides an overview of common mental health issues and their impact on families. It support the skills and knowledge needed to be able to go out and work effectively with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs. It is practical and “hands on” with a focus on skills and strategy development, backed up by an understanding of why approaches work. It produces more confident and competent practitioners who are ready to deliver positive and effective support to individuals and families.
It is suitable for front line staff working on the Early Help/Troubled families agenda as well as school staff, children services, those in early years settings, the VCS, Housing and Health.
- Have a broad overview of common mental health issues
- Gain an understanding of the impact of poor mental health on families
- Understand the impact of poor mental health on engaging with professionals and services
- Have an understanding of the impact of inequalities, including the oppression and discrimination, on all family members
- Gain an understanding of the ways in which parental mental illness may affect parenting capacity
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We consulted with and designed a bespoke 3-day Family Group Conference Training package to support understanding around restorative values and practice with children and families and develop skills to mediate and facilitate group meetings to assist with communication, family engagement and community reintegration.
Interface worked together with Shelter to develop a bespoke cost calculator to evidence service outcomes and costs savings.
An exciting taster session on Motivational Interviewing (MI) was delivered to a new cohort of Step Up children’s social work students.
We delivered a series of full day SLCN awareness sessions and half-day screening sessions to youth justice practitioners across the county.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.