Tools to support work with families
Working effectively with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs requires staff to engage and assess individuals and whole families in order to bring about sustainable change and improvements in outcomes.
This practical programme will provide staff with knowledge and understanding of a variety of tools to support this. Staff will learn about genograms, chronologies, timelines, Eco maps and the family star. There will be opportunities to practice the techniques as well!
The course is suitable for front line staff working on the Early Help/Troubled families agenda as well as school staff, children services, those in early years settings, the VCS, Housing and Health.
- To understand how tools can support you in your work with families.
- Be able to construct and use genograms.
- Be able to construct and use chronologies.
- Be able to use Eco Maps.
- Have an understanding of the Family Star.
- Be able to construct and use timelines.
- Have an awareness of how the use of tools improve assessment information and relationship building.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
Interface received a grant from DfE to support LA’s in developing their services for families with multiple problems.
Ceredigion Council asked us to run a workshop looking at the impact of parental substance misuse on children and young people.
Catch 22 identified that they wanted to provide evidenced-based training for their front-line staff to increase their engagement levels with young people and facilitate positive change through each face-to-face interaction.
Brent Council and their VCS partners (BANG and Barnados) attended training on motivational interviewing.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.