Understanding Baby, Child and Teenage Brain development
This course provides learners with an understanding of the function of early brain development and its impact on children and young people’s life chances. The programme will explore the impact of poverty and complex needs in families on baby brain development.
Professionals will learn the key elements of teenage brain development which will underpin their ability to support parents and young people to ensure plans and interventions take into account the developmental needs of the child/young person.
The course is essential learning for any professional working with children and teenagers and will build confidence, knowledge and an ability to work more effectively on outcomes. It is suitable for all staff working directly with children and families including health staff, those based in schools and nurseries as well as staff working in children’s social care, the Early Help and Troubled Families arena.
- Key understanding of baby, child and teenage brain development.
- Understand the impact of poverty, neglect and poor parenting on the developing brain.
- Understanding the impact on practice and be able to compile effective interventions based on child/teenage developmental needs.
- Consider the impact of external factors - environment, culture, religion school and media.
- Build effective communication strategies with children and teenagers.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We were commissioned to provide training to support frontline staff to build skills to support children and families accessing support from the Family Thrive team.
We delivered a 1-day programme on Effective Engagement and Relationships to a group of family assessment centre workers, comprising of social workers, outreach workers and family practitioners.
We delivered a series of full day SLCN awareness sessions and half-day screening sessions to youth justice practitioners across the county.
Berneslai Homes runs a large Family Intervention Service. We supported the team through the use of Motivational Interviewing.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.