Working with Risk - Assessing, Managing, and Holding Risk when working with children and families
We have created a days training programme around Assessing, Managing, and Holding Risk when working with children and families. It will have a practical focus so that participants can apply the learning directly to their practice.
Learners will contemplate their personal view of risk and explore how that applies in their work. We consider identifying tools and the skills required to name and identify risk.
The course can be delivered in house face to face or virtually and will be tailored to fit your specific needs.
The course is suitable for all those working directly with children and individuals.
One day course
By the end of the training participants will:
- Have an awareness of our own response to risk and considerations where this may stem from.
- Understand different levels of risk and be able to identify appropriate interventions
- Have knowledge of systemic models of working with risk including the Safe Uncertainty model
- Have an awareness of any systems in place to manage risk and understand skills to access them appropriately.
- Build confidence in working with family networks to name and manage risk
- Explore practice skills when working with children and young people where there is fluctuating risk.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
ATHE Level 4 certificate – Working with Children, individuals, and Families.- Autumn 2022 Open course
We regularly run an open course for accredited level 4 qualification learners.
The purpose of our 18-month evaluation was to support the decision making processes around whether to continue/expand the Think Family Programme (comprising intensive support to complex families, troubled families and additional support strands).
We conducted an evaluation between December 2018 and January 2020 on the Teaching Partnership which was funded (by DfE and DHSC) to improve the quality of social work teaching and training.
We delivered a face to face four-day program to a range of staff providing whole family support both in schools and the local authority Early Help remit.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.