Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
We know that there is an increasing number of children and teenagers with mental health problems. Statistics show that one in 10 children – an average of three in every classroom – has a diagnosable mental health problem, and that 75% of mental health problems in adults have their roots in childhood.
Practitioners are working with children who may have anxiety, depression and phobias, as well as those who are self-harming. Many state that they feel overwhelmed and untrained to support children and young people with the difficulties that they are experiencing. Our training focuses not only raising awareness and peoples understanding of mental health difficulties and providing practical tools and strategies that they can use in every-day situations.
You will learn:
- About common mental health concerns and key factors that can affect children and teenagers
- How to support children and teenagers by developing skills and knowledge to help you spot triggers and signs of mental health issues
- The action principles of ‘look, listen, link’, how to utilise active listening skills and how to provide an empathic response
- The importance of relationships and co regulation
- About stigma and discrimination related to mental health
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
Our one day working with Baby, Child and Teenage Brain Development has become a rolling program in Brighton and Hove
Barnsley were looking for a training provider to support their recent restructure to whole family working and implementation of its Family Support offer in both the Early Help and Troubled Families agenda.
Brighton & Hove - Baby, Child and Teenage Brain development and the Effects of Poverty, Neglect and Poor Parenting.Following the success and positive feedback from an earlier group Brighton and Hove booked a follow 2 days training for multi-agency staff.
We were commissioned to provide trauma informed training to staff in the family contact centre
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.