Voice of the Child
We understand the voice of child is of paramount importance as it informs us whether interventions are having the desired impact for the child/ren.
Professionals need to ensure the child’s lived experience runs through everything they do, and that the child perspective is clearly visible throughout any assessment/intervention that affects them, no matter what their age or ability to communicate directly.
We have designed a one-day training which can be delivered face to face or virtually to develop and enhance skills and practice in understanding the lived experience of children and young people and capturing their voice.
The training will be hands on and interactive, we will explore tools and practice examples using a range of media such as video clips & case examples to meet all learning styles.
The course is suitable for all those working directly with children and individuals as part of their role.
Learning Outcomes include
- Reflect and be curious about the different ways that children and young people communicate their lived experiences.
- Consider the importance of keeping the child at the centre of practice focussing on children’s rights, participation & advocacy.
- Reflect on learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews regarding the risks of not representing the voices of children and young people and how this can inform practice and recording.
- Reflect on the challenges and potential barriers to capturing the child’s voice and consider how to overcome this.
- Explore tools and skills to support communication and observations when capturing the child’s lived experience.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We delivered a bespoke 1 day course to the Complex Safeguarding Inclusion Team at Manchester City Council
We provided awareness training over 4 sessions to staff working in Children Social Care
We are supporting Brighter Futures to embed their Architecture for professional practice. This has Trauma Informed Practice and Restorative Approaches at its core
We provided a 2-day core programme for a range of staff in the early help and social care teams.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.