Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
Recent research tells us that 1 in 3 adult mental health conditions relate directly to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) .
Early childhood experiences have lasting, measurable consequences later in life, we therefore need to foster emotional well-being from the earliest stages of life, enhancing resilience and the importance of relationships. This will build solid foundations for overall health and well-being.
We have designed a course to provide knowledge and understanding to those professionals working with families and individuals of the impact that adversity, complexity and trauma can have on the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people.
The course will offer practical strategies and suggested resources which can be used to help support children, young people and their families.
Develop an understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Explore how ACEs can impact on the developing child
- Understand the importance of relationships and resilience building
- Consider the impact of ACEs and their significance to your role
- Understand the role of resilience in helping children/young people cope with adversity
- Explore tools and factors can support the development of resilience
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We provided a 2 day MI programme for a range of staff providing them with Motivational Interviewing skills.
We were commissioned to provide support for school leaders across Bracknell Forest around holding motivational conversations. This is a powerful technique in bringing about behaviour change and improvement.
Bucks were transforming their early help service and recognised the need to offer staff training and development during the restructure.The objective was to both upskill staff and to ensure a shared understanding of the vision and process moving forward with the Early Help offer.
We were commissioned to work with Brighter Futures to support them to embed their Architecture for Professional Practice.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.