Staff Working with individuals and families experiencing complex challenges are often required to have difficult and challenging conversations. These conversations can be complex and testing. Finding a balance between maintaining a relationship and keeping a family/ individual engaged and challenging conversations.
We have developed a practical programme which provides the skills to support staff to consider their communication and listening skills, engage and challenge appropriately and focus on safe practice.
It is practical and “hands on” with a focus on skills and strategy development, backed up by an understanding of why approaches work. It produces more confident and competent practitioners who are ready to deliver positive and effective support to individuals and families.
- Understand what makes a conversation difficult and why
- Understand how to prepare for, hold and reflect upon a difficult conversation including managing strong emotions and difficult behaviour
- Have an enhanced ability to recognise and overcome the blocks, barriers and fears around having difficult conversations
- Feel confident to refine communication skills & attentive listening
- Have a greater range of active listening and reframing skills to move a situation forward
- Have capability to create and manage boundaries and set clear goals
- Have an increased ability to manage emotions effectively
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We provided support for the creation of Family hubs including working with a range of leaders across local areas around their local the vision and the creation and ongoing support of integrated leadership teams.
We are supporting Brighter Futures to embed their Architecture for professional practice. This has Trauma Informed Practice and Restorative Approaches at its core
C-Change is a structured, evidence based approach to assessing parental capacity to change in situations where the parenting is likely to be causing harm to their children. The FACT 22 team felt they would benefit from a structured approach to assessing a parent’s capacity to change that worked alongside their solution-focused, strengths-based approach.
We were delighted to deliver a large programme of training to staff across Early Help around Trauma and Parental Conflict.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.