Effective engagement and communication with families
Increasingly staff are being required to work alongside and with individuals and families experiencing complex challenges. This requires confidence and abilities to effectively communicate and build trust as well as provide feedback and challenge in order to improve outcomes. Our training is based on our knowledge of working closely in Early Help, working with vulnerable and complex families, troubled families and social care staff.
This practical programme provides the skills to support workers to be able to work with partners and colleagues to ensure that they are able to work effectively with individuals and families with multiple and complex needs. It is practical and “hands on” with a focus on skills and strategy development, backed up by an understanding of why approaches work. It produces more confident and competent practitioners who are ready to deliver positive and effective support.
It is suitable for front line staff working on the Early Help/Troubled families agenda as well as school staff, children services, those in early years settings, the VCS, Housing and Health.
- Identify strategies for building trusting relationships with families.
- Understand how to adapt communication methods.
- Identify strategies to break down barriers to engagement and participation.
- Be able to provide effective feedback.
- Use challenge effectively Ability to use assertive, persistent and challenging approaches.
- Ability to work towards effective outcomes with families.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
Raising awareness about Mental Health and the impact of mental health issues on families is a key objective of Cheshire West and Chester local authority.
Barnsley were looking for a training provider to support their recent restructure to whole family working and implementation of its Family Support offer in both the Early Help and Troubled Families agenda.
We were approached by Hartlepool looking for an accredited course that would meet the needs of the early help workforce and be adaptable enough to include their parental conflict agenda and priority in the area.
We designed and delivered a programme of motivational interviewing to staff across Achieving for Children.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.