Neglect - working with neglect
Neglect and its effects on the life chances of children and young people has been highly documented and evidenced as being highly damaging. Working in this difficult arena requires skilled confident staff who need to constantly update their practice to remain vigilant and curious.
Interface has worked with a large number of local authorities and specialists to ensure our training offer is current and up to date so staff will feel fully prepared to assess the needs of children. This hands-on and evidence-based course is suitable for professionals working directly with families in a range of settings.
- An understanding of what is meant by Neglect including categories and Themes
- Develop an understanding of the possible impact of the parents' lived experiences (including Adverse Childhood Experiences) on their parenting behaviour.
- Develop skills in working alongside families to empower them to address neglect.
- An understanding of the importance of language in conversations with families around neglect and develop skills in using language appropriately
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
We are delighted to be working with Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to design and deliver a Trauma Informed Practice training program.
Interface support to Norfolk with their response to troubled families and early help...read more...
C-Change is a structured, evidence based approach to assessing parental capacity to change in situations where the parenting is likely to be causing harm to their children. Aberdeenshire were interested in further improving quality of assessments and particularly to enable practitioners to move ‘stuck’ cases forwards and provide practitioners with greater confidence to intervene in families who could make initial changes but struggled to sustain parenting at a good enough level.
Level 4 Working with Parents (Intense support for families with complex needs) Training – Sefton MBCSefton were commissioning a large piece of work to meet their troubled families response. See how Interface worked closely with Sefton...
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.