Working Effectively with Young People – Understanding Adolescent Development and Contextual Safeguarding in Families
In our work across the Country we see concerns and issues around:
- Lack of provision/skills/support that enables practitioners to feel confident to manage adolescent risk.
- Local authorities spending huge amounts of money on out of area looked after placements for adolescents where the family unit has broken down.
- An increase in Childhood Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Criminal Exploitation (CE), substance misuse, adolescent on parent violence and mental health issues.
- Decreased services available for young people in the community to meet adding pressure on family services.
- Staff sharing that it is increasingly difficult to engage the young people/adolescents as part of a wider family plan.
The risk factors for young people are spiralling. Practitioners are telling us that they are not feeling confident in how to respond. Systems and processes are not in place to support the response to contextualised safeguarding issues.
We have created a range of training packages and consultancy support options.
We have created a 3 day programme:
Day 1 – The foundations – Understanding young people, adolescents and risk.
Day 2 – Understanding and managing risk.
Day 3 – Theories, Tools and Practical Application to support intervention.
We also have a highly experienced team who are able to support systems, processes and leaders around contextual safeguarding.
Contact us for more information.
- All courses are offered on a Face to Face or Virtual basis.
- Bespoke & Open Training Courses Available.
Warrington Borough Council has implemented an integrated multi-agency approach to supporting children, young people, families and vulnerable adults across the continuum from Early Intervention to statutory safeguarding services.
Catch 22 identified that they wanted to provide evidenced-based training for their front-line staff to increase their engagement levels with young people and facilitate positive change through each face-to-face interaction.
We were commissioned to work with leaders across Stockton including those from public health, nursing and midwifery, early help services, health visiting and intelligence teams.
We were invited to create a one day virtual course for the Parent Champions volunteers at Barnardo's.
Please see our cancellation terms / fees.